beer bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveyrimma

Reaction score
Bit of a dilemma
I bottled my beer but caps font seem to fit bottles very well. They are on but not perfect will it be ok till Monday to go to shop and find out if it's the bottles?. Little worried as I don't want to have ruined it. Bottle looks like would be a twist top but they said this was what I needed oh boy I'm worried lol.

Can you share a picture. You can't cap screw top bottles. They won't seal properly. The beer will probably be fine. It just may not carbonate properly.

If there is a clear gap, apply something to keep the air to a minimum like plastic wrap. If it's not too bad of a seal, still definitely recap.
Edit: meaning get rid of the caps if they aren't keeping air out and then apply something to keep the damage (air) to a minimum in the interim.
I've exposed fermented beer to oxygen in the most horrific ways and it was still fine.
No need to worry.

2018-10-14 17.30.52.jpg

That bottle looks like plastic?
I've never used plastic although Mr. Beer kits have plastic bottles. Clear is not a good choice for bottles, the beer will taste skunky from the light. I use dark Amber glass bottles.

I've never used plastic although Mr. Beer kits have plastic bottles. Clear is not a good choice for bottles, the beer will taste skunky from the light. I use dark Amber glass bottles.
It almost looks like one of those root beer bottles you can get with a root beer kit, just not brown.

The only thing clear bottles would be good for is a Mexican style beer, like a Corona or Landshark lager clone. I personally haven't tried it as I'm not a big fan of that style. Maybe someday if a friend twists my arm.

What about green bottles?

OP: sorry I wasn't more specific but I did mean yes they would be fine.
How did you end up handling the issue?

I have been capping twist top BEER BOTTLES WITH GREAT SUCCESS. My capper seals them up along with the non twist top just fine.

Beer turned out great and beer is also stored in dark place . Tasted it last night fully carbonated and its awesome. Hopefully all will be ok lol.

I have been capping twist top BEER BOTTLES WITH GREAT SUCCESS. My capper seals them up along with the non twist top just fine.

Same here. I got a few twist bottles mixed in when I was bottling and keep thinking I should throw them out when I open them but the darn things seal up just fine so I leave them in the mix.

Back