Beer Bottle Cap/Seal/Lid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htm6934

Reaction score
I'm looking for a seal/cap for a standard beer bottle mouth(not twist off type) that will prevent any C02 from escaping. I want something that's sort of a slip on type cap rather than an actual crown cap. I am familiar with the plunger style where you pull the lever down and the sides of the stopper expand but I am not interested in that type as I plan to put a c02 and beer line down through the lid. Again, has to create a c02 seal.

Any help would be appreciated as I have googled to the end of the internet already. THanks!

You can probably make your own out of a rubber stopper, they come in different sizes. You're probably looking for a 1 or 2 size stopper

Are you thinking of a carbonation cap like this one. There are others on the market also.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01039C0Z0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

edit: A press on plastic cap probably would be pushed off by CO2 pressure unless you don't need to hold full carbonation. They make caps like this for opened soda bottles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back