Beer 101

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukus

Reaction score
Alright so a local bar in town has what they call Beer 101, basically they have a list off 101 beers on a "Report Card" you drink all the beers you get a mug and your name on the wall. I really like this idea and would like to put together something similar for our Home brew club, here is their list. Does anyone have a good beer list? or have recommendations to add to a beer list? I would like to have a good variety of beers and styles to expose our club to different beers. I was thinking I would design a cool glass for those that complete the list.

I didn't see anything from Stone.:mad: I'd add any thing from Stone. I don't think I seen anything from Rouge either but i saw a bunch on commercial crap like Michelob Ultra:mad:Thats not beer Its nasty carbonated water!

The Elysian stuff is good (28-30, as is the Deschutes (53-54).

There's a lot of "hold your nose and chug" beer there!

Alright so a local bar in town has what they call Beer 101, basically they have a list off 101 beers on a "Report Card" you drink all the beers you get a mug and your name on the wall.

There's a bar in Atlanta called Taco Mac that used to do this. It was great. You paid something like $10 and got your mug with your name, which they kept at the bar. My friends and I all had mugs and were making our way through the list. One of my friends was very close to finishing the list. Then one day we went out to Taco Mac, and they had changed owners. The new owner had apparently decided to stop doing that promotion, and just threw out everyone's mug. That was the last time I ever went to Taco Mac.

99Bottles in Santa Cruz does this too, but obviously with only 99 beers. There are definitely some "hold your nose and chug" ones, such as the Speak Easy Prohibition Ale.

99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall - Beer and Drink List

That list looks better than the one I have. I think I'm just going to have to make my own list with the brews I have available locally. I will share what I come up with and then ask for input on other beers to add.

A place has that, but it has a year time limit. Also their beers are rather expensive. I just can't stand to spend that much cash on commercial beer. I could brew 5 gal for the same price as 3 of their normal bottles.

A place has that, but it has a year time limit. Also their beers are rather expensive. I just can't stand to spend that much cash on commercial beer. I could brew 5 gal for the same price as 3 of their normal bottles.

The price is one of the main reasons I want to make my own list.... The other reason is to expose our group to more styles of beer, I see it as Home Brew inspiration.

Back