Been Gone For Awhile Reintro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Powell

Reaction score
Just thought I would shout out since its been awhile since I was here last.

I got into home brewing through a back door neighbor that gave me some of his brew as a gift one winter. I asked him if he would show me hpw and he did...the rest is history. That was in '98 and it has been on and off since...mostly off. However things have changed for the better and now I am mostly on. Most beers have been extract only with the exception of the last 3 batches which have been partial extract and grain. I have brewed a batch a month since January of this year (08) and currently am working on a all grain set up (2tier). I am about 2/3 the way through getting all the necessary gear to start the build. I have converted one of my fridges to a 3 tap set up...will be four. Just today 8/28/07 picked up another fridge for fermenting. (great find...friend wanted it off his porch...can you say free). Just last week I started a porter that is a clone of Cut Throat by O'dell Brewing...I got the recipe out of BYO...hope it turns out near the taste...cause I think that is my favorite porter. The week before that I started a test batch of Hard Cider and tonight I will start an American Ale so I will have all three of my primaries full. Yahoo! (hope that is not copy righted) All taps are empty...(damn) but that is temporary. Well any how just wanted to reintro...have a great day and look forward to talkin with every one. Oh yea, belong to a great group of guys in Albuqeurque called The Dukes of Ale...we meet on the 1st Tuesday of each month...if your in town shoot me an email and you can go to.

Welcome back! :mug: The Place has probably changed a bit since you were gone. Keep us updated on how the all grain build is going! :rockin:

Ize

Latest posts

Back