• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois BCS 462, 7 segment displays, 12v power supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Face Eater

I brew beer....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Edited with new prices.
Got some stuff for sale I don't need for my control panel.
4 ea. 7 segment displays for bcs or brewtroller in custom mount (black acrylic panel on the picture below)
1 ea. Bcs 462 (new)
1 ea. Omron 12vdc 1.2a din mount power supply
I would like to sell all 4 displays in custom acrylic mount together. The mount measures 12" wide x 6.5" height x 1/4" thick. I would like to sell the displays in the mount for $150 shipped to the lower 48 which includes all cables from controller and daisy chaining all of them together (1 - 24" i2c, and 3 - 6" i2c).
The power supply I would like to sell for $30 shipped.
The bcs 462 I would like to sell for $270 shipped.
I'd sell everything together for $425 shipped.
The reason for selling the displays is that I don't have the time to make them work with my bcs. Many people have success and I don't want to put the time into them anymore and I really do not need them. They power up and function fine and have only been hooked up for testing. The bcs 462 was too much for what I needed for this setup I am building and I went with a bcs 460 instead. The power supply was purchased for the displays so I do not have a use for it without the displays.
Pm me if interested.

Everything is still for sale.
Note to anyone considering the displays, please search regarding these displays. They indeed work, but many people seem to have issues hooking them up to a bcs controller. I got them to start up just fine and read temps from my bcs 460 and then freeze when 4 are hooked up. Seems to work fine with just 2 hooked up. Many people get these displays to work fine and I would rather be brewing beer than spending hours trying to keep them working. It may just be something I am doing wrong but people get these to work all the time. If no one wants them, no worries. I pre-ordered a brewtroller which these displays worked for and I will just try them on that when I get it. I figured I really do not NEED them more than I wanted to have them so I figured I would sell them and currently they are a backordered item on a few sites. Buyer beware on the displays. As for the BCS 462 and the 12vdc power supply, No issues at all.

Still for sale. New prices.

New Bcs462 $270 shipped to lower 48

12vdc power supply $30 shipped to lower 48

4 displays mounted in black acrylic $150 shipped to lower 48

$425 for everything shipped to lower 48

I will take offers on the equipment also and possible trades. Things i would consider for trades are listed below:

Counterflow chiller in good condition or new condition
Hop Rocket good or new condition
New stainless sankey d keg couplers
Stainless steel herms coil 1/2" x 50' X 10" diameter to fit in a keggle

If i think of other items i would consider i will update my post.

Is there a way we can talk. I am in California. I will be needing relays etc. Do any temp probe come with it? Any pics inside?
Thanks
Duane
kf6bpa At sbcglobal.net

Back