BC vs MM2....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well ,
being on a budget and trying to stretch my money as far as possible... I think I'm going to go with the MM2 (standard 1.5") and the base and hopper...

this should leave me enough money to get my stand done (basiic setup for now) and maybe look for a bigger pot/keggle... If I can get for the right price...

so you are saying you will only get about 20000 gallons of beer out of one of these? (i really didn't want to buy one EVERY year)

unless you are a microbrewery you shouldnt hit that in 10 years... legaly of course, unless there are 10 households brewing together and sharing the mill.

why do you need to get a "discount" for it to be a "deal"?

i don't understand why the list price isn't the "right price".

what is the "list" price for a keg to make a "keggle"? Is it the $30 deposit or is it $75 because you have one for sale or is it the $4 in scrap metal?

I was being sarcastic on the "only 20k gallons"

considering I'm at 15gallons lifetime... Lol

jtsims21 said:
unless you are a microbrewery you shouldnt hit that in 10 years... legaly of course, unless there are 10 households brewing together and sharing the mill.

100. 100 years...

what is the "list" price for a keg to make a "keggle"? Is it the $30 deposit or is it $75 because you have one for sale or is it the $4 in scrap metal?

I was being sarcastic on the "only 20k gallons"

considering I'm at 15gallons lifetime... Lol

ohhh, i thought you were talking about the mill.

my bad.

no problem... I'm buying the mill from a lhbs once he gets them in!

support the people that will sit and chat to you an hour about brewing!

I have an MM2 & really love it, do not regret my purchase one bit. however, one more option you might consider is the Crankandstein. Very similar to the MM & you might be able to save a few $$. For me, the deciding factor between these 2 was the ability to extend the hopper on the MM-not that I've done that-I just liked that option.

-d

Love mine also. I won't have to worry about crushing grain for the rest of my life. I may even be able to leave it to my daughter.:rockin:

100_0668.JPG

100_0667.JPG

$286 hardened/base/hopper shipped...ouch sir

Reasons I went with the BC:

1. Plug and play. No assembly required...already have base and hopper installed.
2. Price. The BC w/ rollers, housing, hopper and base is cheaper than just the rollers and housing for the MM2.

BrewThruYou said:
Reasons I went with the BC:

1. Plug and play. No assembly required...already have base and hopper installed.
2. Price. The BC w/ rollers, housing, hopper and base is cheaper than just the rollers and housing for the MM2.

So far I think the focus has been more on quality than price... I think I can pick up a corona mill for like $40

I thinl price plays a roll in alot of decisions ... But the standard MM2 is $120+40+15 for all 3 pieces... The BC is 115 + 15 shipping...

so I guess it'll be 45 more but sounds worth it... ( I was told (not that it's an indicator) that the standard mm2 mill weighs more then the whold BC setup)...

I'm in the process of trying to build a stand and get some other rhings going to so I'm not electing to go with the bigger or hardned rollers... I feel the standard will last me a long while...

as far as "some assembly required" I really don't mind... It's actually part of the fun with all the diy this hobby offers!

Finally got my mill! I got the monster mill 2... It's heavy as a beast.hopefully going to use it to brew a porter tonight or tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back