Bbq!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinkonamonkey

Reaction score
2 pork butts (20 lbs total) and a 15 lb brisket. Last night the pork was injected with a brine and the beef was injected with a coke, oil, and mustard mix. This morning around 11 they were all rubbed down. One of the pork butts used a mustard slather under the rub and I used mustard on the side of the brisket that doesnt have the fat cap. Just went onto the BGE at 5:30. Dinner is at 5:50 tomorrow.

Pork butts
CIMG1258.jpg

Brisket
CIMG1263.jpg

Leaning tower of meat
CIMG1267.jpg

I have one of the butts and the brisket instrumented, and I plan on foiling around 160 and bringing them all up to around 195 to 200 for shredding. This is my first brisket, so I'm a little nervous.

A similarly outfitted BGE with the side racks, etc would be a grand. Also your local Home Depot might be selling the "Bubba Keg" for $299.

A similarly outfitted BGE with the side racks, etc would be a grand. Also your local Home Depot might be selling the "Bubba Keg" for $299.

True, but for something as versatile as the BGE, I figure I'll save up for the extra large, buy quality and only cry once.

True, but for something as versatile as the BGE, I figure I'll save up for the extra large, buy quality and only cry once.

I did. :mug: When I was looking lots of people recommended against the XL because it had a lot of hot spots. Hopefully that problem has been solved.

I did. :mug: When I was looking lots of people recommended against the XL because it had a lot of hot spots. Hopefully that problem has been solved.

Hmm, haven't heard that, but I haven't started serious shopping yet. The only things I have heard is that a lot of people think the large is just a little too small in the event you want to do something like a turkey or some larger cuts.

Hmm, haven't heard that, but I haven't started serious shopping yet. The only things I have heard is that a lot of people think the large is just a little too small in the event you want to do something like a turkey or some larger cuts.

Well, I've done a 22lb turkey. I've also done 50lbs of pork butt at once. So, unless your trying to feed more than 150 people at once, you should be fine. But, to each his own. A XL would look real nice next to my large if I was made of money.

A lot of people go for the large/small combo for about the same price as the xl. I think you get a little less space, but have 2x the cooking options. I'm still getting over buying the large, table should be assembled tonight, just a couple days of finish to go!

Looks awesome dude. I have a Weber Smokey Mountain but the BGE dominates too. I can't wait to get some brisket going again soon.

Back