BBQ Grill type igniters/propane plumbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-Hop

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere on this forum before, but I've searched and haven't found the info I am looking for.

I am building a single tier brew rig out of slotted angle iron. I am using 3 keggles and 3 Bayou Classic BG14 banjo burners. Has anyone built a similar set up and successfully installed BBQ type igniters to light each burner? If so, what type did you buy and how were they installed?

Also, what type of regulator & needle valves did you use? I would like to plumb the gas, but am not sure what I need to plumb from the tank to each burner.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I have one of these on my single-tier, reliably sparks all three burners simultaneously.
I'm running propane through a 0-60psi reg at the tank feeding independent 0-10psi regs at each burner. No valves otherwise...

Cheers!

I have one of these on my single-tier, reliably sparks all three burners simultaneously.
I'm running propane through a 0-60psi reg at the tank feeding independent 0-10psi regs at each burner. No valves otherwise...

Cheers!

I have the same setup for ignition. RE: plumbing, we just used regular black pipe with two "T's" and one elbow for the three burners. Used a Flow Control rather than a needle valve off the end. Works great.

ex: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PARKER-...ic_Hydraulic_Valves_Parts&hash=item19f2bea587

Back