BB witber kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjw25

Reaction score
I have the witber in fermenter now for two weeks. Took a reading today which showed the gravity at 1000. Directions called the fg at 1012-1014. I planned on letting it sit for another week due to still having crust on top. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do. Thanks

It looks as if your FG is well below the target range, so allowing the beer to sit longer will not move you closer to the target FG. Did you want to age the beer longer and thus your intent to leave it in the carboy another two weeks? If the additional aging time is beneficial to your recipe, that is fine; however, if another two weeks of aging will not add to flavor or profile, I would move the beer to whatever your next stage is--bottle, keg, secondary, etc. This will reduce the possibility of contamination.

Are you sure your hydrometer paper hasn't slipped? 1.000, which is water, seems rather too unusual to achieve.

Rev.

Thats what I thought but it wasn't the paper. I'm going to take another reading tomorrow and see what happens. As you can believe I was speechless when I got that reading

Latest posts

Back