BB Imperial Pale Ale kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel48

Reaction score
Just got this kit for my birthday yesterday, I think I am going to brew it tonight. The instructions do not mention anything about the length of conditioning for this beer. My plan is to leave in my primary fermenter for 4 weeks, bottle or keg it and let it sit for another 2-3 weeks. Does that sound about right? The OG is supposed to be around 1.080 - 1.085.

Since I am going to be doing a full boil, I will cut the bittering hops by 20% but leave the flavoring and aroma hops the same.

Does that sound about right?

You could really cut the bittering hops in half and be fine since that kit is well over 100 IBUs anyway.

If I remember correctly, it uses 2oz of columbus for bittering, then I believe there are 1oz flavor/aroma additions at 15 and 5 minutes, also columbus. My kit came with S-05.

I left it in primary for 3 weeks and also dry hopped with another ounce of columbus for the last 7 days. I conditioned in the keg for 3 weeks before drinking. It was still extremely bitter but I enjoyed it and it was a hit at my party. The keg got killed pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back