Bayou Classic KAB6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

wallacebw

Reaction score
I received mine this week and was able to get 6.5gal from ~80deg to a boil in about 15 min. (14" diameter pot).

Here is a video of me playing with the settings. (I can get better blue flames if I leave it alone and fine tune it)

I'm happy with it:D
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIqFHyhU5nY]YouTube - Bayou Classic KAB6 Burner Output[/ame]

Denny

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked one up, too. Don't know about you, but I found the shutter almost impossible to adjust. It's like the casting is too big for the shutter piece to fit around. I had to loosen the gas connection, adjust the shutter, tighten it up, try it, and repeat until I got the gas/air mixture. Your flame looks kinda yellow...have you tried adjusting yours?

illin8

Reaction score
For those of you that have them, what do you think about them? On gas consumption? I'm soon to upgrade, but am torn if I should just buy an SQ-14 or go with the banjo...heating time (so long as it doesn't waste a crapload of gas) would be my primary motive.

Brewmasters Warehouse

Reaction score
I recently got one to play with. The heating was fantastic. I have seen some people complain about the distance between the burner and the pot, but I had no troubles with that portion. I had some problems with the 2 batches I used it for, where at some point the flame would get lower on the same setting and I had troubles getting it back to up to power. I did notice some ice on the bottom of the propane tank. I put the tank into water and was able to get a nice rolling boil with the burner turned down quite a bit.