Bayou Classic False Bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameliabrewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought one of these false bottoms from Bayou Classic for my electric BIAB. I cut two slots in the rim to get it past and it sits perfect over my element. I will use this in place of the basket that came with the kettle. I also decided to do this in case i decide to use this type kettle as a mash tun in a future 2 kettle herms system I am thinking of doing.

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

If you do a herms and recir in the future, you will need better support under that false bottom. I collapsed mine on the second brew I did. They are super cheap. I have the 1064 kettle with the ridge down at the bottom for the false bottom.

If you do a herms and recir in the future, you will need better support under that false bottom. I collapsed mine on the second brew I did. They are super cheap. I have the 1064 kettle with the ridge down at the bottom for the false bottom.

Thanks for the info.

Did your FB have the feet on it like the one pictured above? OR did it just sit on the rim around the circumference? Those feet seem like they would be able to support the grain bed but I could be wrong if they are super cheap.

Yeah, same one as the picture. The feet buckled, and part of the false bottom got wedged under the rim.

7-8 weeks ago. Pretty disappointed in it. I ordered another one, hopefully I don't destroy it too. I think I will cut up the old one and make some supports.

Did you contact the seller and/or BC? These pots are brewing specific. I have the 10g version and can say it holds grain no problem. I think I've seen others say the same about the 15g.

I tried to call bayou once, but the person was busy and I did not leave a message. Haven't had time to call back.

Latest posts

Back