Basic Brewing Radio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birvine

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I am in no way affiliated with BBR or BBV.

My serious return to beer brewing happened after I had stumbled upon a brewing podcast. I downloaded each and every past episode, and loaded them into the iPod. My work entails quite a lot of driving - usually 50 to 100 km out and then back home again. Thus, my total driving time is one or two hours. What better than to listen to roughly-roughly one-hour podcasts covering all kinds of topics about brewing, from basic to less basic? After a few episodes I was so gung ho to get back to brewing more than 2 batches per year. I got the confidence to move into kegging and to experiment with recipes.

The reason I put this thread into the beginner forum, is that I would highly recommend Basic Brewing radio podcasts for new brewers. Do what I did, and download them all, then listen to them as you drive, or ride, or before bed or in a hotel, or on a plane (you get the idea!). HBT is fantastic; BBR is, too. Listen and learn!

B

Thanks for the advice, I love threads that help point a beginning brewer like myself to some of the better learning aides available, I have a mid shift tonight that I basically sit at a desk for 8 hrs, so I have some good material to take with me now!

I listen to Basic Brewing Monday - Friday, on my way to and from work. Since September, I have listened to two episodes a day (I have a 45 mile commute each way), and have learned an unbelievable amount. Their show has encouraged me to try new things, and to experiment with my brewing.

I would encourage every new brewer to start listening to their show from Episode 1 and to work your way through the archives. It has helped me tremendously. Their DVDs are great as well, I've seen the extract and all-grain DVDs.

Thanks for the advice, I love threads that help point a beginning brewer like myself to some of the better learning aides available, I have a mid shift tonight that I basically sit at a desk for 8 hrs, so I have some good material to take with me now!

May I be so bold as to suggest viewing Home Brewer TV.

www.homebrewerTV.com

Gary

Gary (et al),

Not bold at all. I hope you took no offense in my mentioning BBR and not HBTV (I was by no means slighting your excellent programme). I regularly see you mention your latest video which I then usually watch that same evening - and am quite enjoying them and the older ones (in order to catch up) - maybe I was being presumptuous in thinking that everyone else spends as much time on HBT as I do (LOL) and would know about HBTV. I rarely see any comments about BBR so decided to mention it for anyone who was not in-the-know.

Both BBR and HBTV are invaluable resources for new and not-so-new brewers - I quite enjoy and learn from both.

B

Gary (et al),

Not bold at all. I hope you took no offense in my mentioning BBR and not HBTV (I was by no means slighting your excellent programme). I regularly see you mention your latest video which I then usually watch that same evening - and am quite enjoying them and the older ones (in order to catch up) - maybe I was being presumptuous in thinking that everyone else spends as much time on HBT as I do (LOL) and would know about HBTV. I rarely see any comments about BBR so decided to mention it for anyone who was not in-the-know.

Both BBR and HBTV are invaluable resources for new and not-so-new brewers - I quite enjoy and learn from both.

B

Oh, I took no offense at all! I too enjoy all of the different shows out there.

Ziggybrew, you made my day! Glad you are enjoying the latest BYO! Now, when is the next Grey's Anatomy??!!!!

Latest posts

Back