Barrel to bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjam1973

Reaction score
I have brewed a nice ale and have about 15 pints left, if I move this from the barrel to bottles or mini kegs will it still keep or will I ruin the ales life expectancy, was going to move it to 2 mini kegs and put a little more sugar in to prime so it get a head again, but I think as it come into contact with the atmosphere it will ruin it and only last a few days ...been in a barrels for 3 weeks and started drinking it but want the barrel as next batch is nearly ready ,advise please

Are you coming out of a keg or out of a fermenter? If you're confident in your racking skills, you shouldn't expose the beer to too much O2 to be a worry, but if not, I'd leave it where it is. If you're planning on drinking the rest of the beer in the next week or so, I'd say it doesn't matter one way or the other.

It's coming out of keg , had allready been fermented and conditioning for a few weeks now and been primed with sugar ,

Back