Barrel stand/rack made of 2x4s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i built myself a stand for my 15-gal barrel out of 36 feet of 2x4. main objective was to keep the barrel off the floor so i can use an auto-siphon & gravity to empty it. i can even put a board on top of the stand to create a shelf/work surface. barrel currently full of imperial milk stout.

barrelstand1.jpg
barrelstand2.jpg

barrelstand3.jpg

It's sexy, and i applaud the DIY nature of this, but you could have bought/created a bulldog for $20-30 and addressed the gravity issue, too. I'd be scared of having 15gal of precious beer perched up like that, but I'm a worry-wort. (see what i did there? nudge-nudge)

fair points, however my build was simpler, cheaper, and likely faster :D

the thing is rock-solid (i climbed and jumped on it), and i have it positioned between a wall and a cabinet in such a way that even if the stand broke/collapsed, the only place it has to go is down... and an inch below the bottom of the barrel are a bunch of cornies which would support it.
i promise to report back and tag you if ever anything happens to it, so you can tell me i told you so :ghostly:

No, man - i love this, don't get me wrong. I've got four 10+gal barrels and i'm constantly trying to find some solution to storage like this. Always trying to balance the concepts of accessibility (for sampling, filling, emptying, etc.) versus compact and practical design.

Back