Banjo KAB6 vs Blichmann Burner vs SQ14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaltedLiver

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed to death, I have read all the posts concerning the topic. But and anyone provide there opinion on the these burners. I will be using the burner outdoors (not a garage) to heat my bk, which is a flat bottom 20 gallon pot (19.25" Diameter).

I know that some folks have commented on the KAB6 having issues with the distance between the flame and the bottom of the keggle. Is this issue partially caused by the domed shape of the keggle? Is the Blichmann any better?

In regards to the SQ14, do you like it for 10 gallon batches? Or is it a piece of equipment that you accept its performance but wish you had purchased bigger?

I have both of the bayou's and both work well, I use them with 15 gallon kegs. I only use the SQ14 when I do 10 Gallon batches and it works well, I really do have to crank it up though when heating 10 gallons of water, and it uses a good amount of propane.

The KAB6 is a beast, very heavy. It sucked when I first got it, I had to crank it up at first and the regulator would freeze and It didn't heat that well, then I cut the weld on the legs and raised the burner all the way to the top of the legs and this thing is awesome, it heats awesome with a minimal amount of flame and propane use, if you have easy access to a welder I highly recommend it.

I have the Blichmann burner with the leg extensions and it works well for me. It is adjustable and can handle my 10-gal brew kettle and my 15.5 gal keggle just fine. It's quiet too. Some burners make a lot of noise when they are fired up but this one isn't as loud as some others.

Latest posts

Back