Banjo Burner size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAman

Reaction score
I just purchased the Banjo burner to heat the 15.5 brew keg that I purchased. The keg sits on the burner OK, however, the edge of the keg comes pretty close to the sides of the burner. I am concerned about bumping the keg and having it come off the burner. Are there any ideas to expand the surface area of the burner without impeding the heating of the brew pot? Thanks.

There are several threads on here about this. If I recall, there are some pix showing what others did. Do a thread search and you should find some. Luck - Dwain

I just purchased the Banjo burner to heat the 15.5 brew keg that I purchased. The keg sits on the burner OK, however, the edge of the keg comes pretty close to the sides of the burner. I am concerned about bumping the keg and having it come off the burner. Are there any ideas to expand the surface area of the burner without impeding the heating of the brew pot? Thanks.

I found a replacement round grill insert made for a charcoal grill that is 2" larger in diameter than my burner. I sit it ontop and it give another 1/4" or so of height to the keggle as well which ended up giving me greater heat distribution efficiency.

pACE3-4132880reg.jpg

Back