Banjo burner problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalex2004

Reaction score
I just finished a Brutus 10 style brew stand with banjo burners (Bg-14). It is automated with Honeywell 8200 valve and standing pilot lights. The problem is that when the controller shuts the burner off I get a loud pop. Almost like a back fire. Didn't know if anyone else was experiencing this? These are run on low pressure (11").

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391563223.293514.jpg

To quote every automobile service manager: "They all do that". ;)

My Blichmanns will often pop a backfire as their last gasp on shut-down, and that's running "high pressure" propane. I believe the residual gas in the venturi horn has enough air mixed in to allow combustion (normally it's too rich to ignite that easily) and it gets lit off by the last bit of flame above...

Cheers!

Yeah mine does that on LP Propane, I am running basically the same setup as you have shown there.

@HDIr0n... Do you have needle valve on your burners so you can adjust them down for your mash. Also what is the placement of your pilot lights. I am having problems with them lighting while turned down low. My pilots are mounted on the heat shield surrounding the burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back