banana wine ABV is at 7.88%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollie

Reaction score
It is still in the bucket and fizzing away. Is this a normal reading 7.88% ABV at this stage? I added the yeast 5 days ago. Is there anything I should do? Or is this just the norm? Thank you for any comments/advice. :)

Wait, am I supposed to be chilling this stuff to 60f before sticking the hydrometer in the juice? My house is 80f lolol.

Hollie said:
Wait, am I supposed to be chilling this stuff to 60f before sticking the hydrometer in the juice? My house is 80f lolol.

Your hydrometer should have come up with a correction factor for the temp you take your reading.

What was your starting specific gravity or Pot. Alcohol?

Your hydrometer should have come up with a correction factor for the temp you take your reading.

What was your starting specific gravity or Pot. Alcohol?

I just saw that adjustment. :) Start was 09 and is now at 03

Potential was close to the 12 or 13% when I started.

I'm sorry. My hydrometer, said 1.09 and now 1.03. That's how this thing is reading to me.

Your readings are typical for where you are at. You can transfer to your carboy any time now.

Latest posts

Back