Ball Lock Tap broke, need a good quality replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, those disconnects are pretty standard. It probably was just a defect but as started, there are stainless steel ones out there.

-Jeff

Thanks, I think I'll have to try the stainless steel one. Acidrain, I was referring to a line of plastic that runs vertical down the piece of the tap, it appears that it was two halves that were somehow connected, and it is from this vertical seam that beer leaks.

Thanks, I think I'll have to try the stainless steel one. Acidrain, I was referring to a line of plastic that runs vertical down the piece of the tap, it appears that it was two halves that were somehow connected, and it is from this vertical seam that beer leaks.

In 7 yrs of kegging never seen that before so I just unscrewed both an extra gas and liquid disconnect to take a look. That seam you are talking about doesn't even run on the inside of the plastic. Are you sure the top isn't loose (where a screwdriver fits) and the beer isn't running up and down the side? Or maybe the washer in there needs replacing?

In 7 yrs of kegging never seen that before so I just unscrewed both an extra gas and liquid disconnect to take a look. That seam you are talking about doesn't even run on the inside of the plastic. Are you sure the top isn't loose (where a screwdriver fits) and the beer isn't running up and down the side? Or maybe the washer in there needs replacing?

You're right. That "seam" is just left over from the mould.

I've had a ball lock connector leak before but it was because I had let it hit the concrete once or twice. It developed a crack that allows liquid to leak out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got some cheap (meaning lower quality than the "good" plastic) disconnects on Amazon from a well-known brew supply store. They are CHEAP- I ordered some more disconnects from RiteBrew.com- they are great quality- nice and sturdy and heavy- for less money. Highly recommended. IMO stainless is way overrated for disconnects. In a lifetime, you'll never break even.

Back