ball lock qd won't seat on post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrooklynTom

Reaction score
I have been trying to put the liquid dq on the post, but it wont lock down. Almost as if the balls won't reach the groove so the locking ring can go down over them. I noticed that the popit sits a little higher than the rest of the post. Could it be the spring under the popit is too tall? Or, the pin on the dq too long? Are all ball lock dq's the same? Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you guys. I have the dq's correct, black on liquid, grey on gas. Liquid dq not seating on liquid out post.

The keg is used, new o rings, yes to lube.
The popit seems to sit slightly higher than the others.
When I push it down on the post, beer does go into the line, DQ does not lock onto the post.
Thank you for your reply.

I'd pull the post and see if there's a "universal poppet" in there.

6028_1.jpg

They really aren't all that "universal" as post heights can vary considerably.
Sometimes it's necessary to clip a loop or two off the spring...

Cheers!

Thank you Day Tripper, That's what I am going to do. I was hoping I did not have to take it apart being that it is full of Christmas ale and fully carbed. Oh Well......:(

Is it leaking when you connect the QD? If its all water tight, just leave it and tape a reminder to fix it when its empty.

The DQ pops off under carbonation. I will pull it off later and try to fix it.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I was able to fix the problem. The O-ring on the liquid post was too large it seems, also the popit was jammed up in the post a little high, not allowing the pin on the QD to push in down far enough to allow the balls to lock on the post. :mug:

Back