• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Ball Lock Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_T

Reaction score
I am looking to get rid of my ball lock kegs and upgrade to using all sanke kegs.

Right now I have 2 empty kegs that should be ready to go. They were used in my rotation so all seals have been replaced recently and should be good to use. There are also some with new lids so there is a PRV on all kegs. Some also have new posts and popits since i converted some from pin lock to ball lock.

I will get some pics of the empty ones that are ready to go now and as my kegs empty I can update this thread with them. I have another 4 in my kegerator but will like to keep 1 keg for soda water so there will be 3 more available.

The break down of what is for sale or trade for 1/6 sanke kegs

Available now - 2 kegs with ball lock connection (will check to see if they are tall or shorts)
Available later - 3 to 4 kegs with ball lock attachment.

If you are interested in them all now I can bottle what I have on tap and you can take all the kegs.

Asking 60 per keg or 100 for 2 or 250 for all 6

I do not want to ship but am willing to meet up to an 1 hr drive or more if you are buying multiple kegs. I am located in Ida MI for reference.

Email for quickest response [email protected].

Disclaimer - Al kegs were used within the last year but with all used equipment these are sold as is with no warranty. Only reason for me selling is to switch to using sanke style kegs.

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

I am going to bottle all my beer in the kegs since I am going to be closing on a house in the next week, so all 6 will be empty and ready to go to a new home.

If you change your mind on shipping let me know. I would possibly be interested in two of them. Just got two sent to me via UPS for $19 so shipping isn't bad unless the handling is your concern. Thanks

Ok. From Right down 23. How can we hook up so I can check them out?

I am home after 5:30 during the week if you want to take a look at what I have available.

I am going to try to bottle the beer I have in them this week and once I get them empty I will clean them and then post some pics of what I have available.

I have got 4 empty and ready to go. I have 2 true ball lock kegs that are the taller style, 3 converted pin locks (short and fatter kegs) then the single handle ball lock keg.

Willing to work on shipping these if there is interest. Not going to run around getting quotes for shipping so if you are serious figure 20 to 30 for shipping.

Only 2 left. The 2 with the yellow handles are left. These are converted pin locks. 100 for both or 60 each.

Still got the 2 converted pin locks and the single handled keg. Will let all 3 go for 120. All are empty and clean ready for pick up. Getting my stuff around to build a new keezer and want to convert to all sanke style kegs.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you measure the height and diameter wanna make sure they fit in my kegerator the diameter is my main concern.. (It's a tight fit the mini fridge)

If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you measure the height and diameter wanna make sure they fit in my kegerator the diameter is my main concern.. (It's a tight fit the mini fridge)

I will try to get some actual measurements this week. But they should be the standard pin lock size, 5-gallon Pin Lock Keg - 8-7/8" dia x 21" H.

The 2 converted pin lock kegs measure 9 inch diameter and 23 inches high. The single handle keg is slightly smaller diameter and a few inches taller.

Back