Balancing a sparge arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McChub

Reaction score
Just brewed a ten gallon batch yesterday, I had built a sparge arm from some copper I had laying about and drilled some 1/6" holes in it. I made the holes about a half inch apart. I had 9 gallons of sparge water ready for the rinse and I tried my best to throttle the flow but my sparge water ran out after about 23 minutes.

So my question is should I make a new sparge are with less/fewer holes or should I just mess with it more to correct the out flow?

Do you have a valve on your HLT? I use the valve on my HLT to control the flow into my Fly Sparge in the Mash Tun. I use tubing under the lid of my Mash Tun cooler with lots of holes in it as well. It works great but I do play around with the valve depending on the level in the HLT to get a constant (slow) flow rate.

Do you have a valve on your HLT? I use the valve on my HLT to control the flow into my Fly Sparge in the Mash Tun. I use tubing under the lid of my Mash Tun cooler with lots of holes in it as well. It works great but I do play around with the valve depending on the level in the HLT to get a constant (slow) flow rate.

This, use a valve to control the flow

I should have been more specific I do have a ball valve on the hlt, so what I am getting from the posts is just play with it some more

thank you

Latest posts

Back