Balancing a Nitro System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtcpilot

Reaction score
So I've got my kegerator setup with 3 regular faucets and a CO2 system all balanced out and pouring nicely at 40F. I just added a separate stout faucet and beer gas tank/regulator. I've got my RIS setup for carbonating at 2 vols of CO2, and am wondering if the 10 feet of beverage line between the stout faucet and beer gas keg is long enough, or if I need to increase it due to the higher serving pressure. I'd like to be able to maintain the 2 vols of CO2, and still get a good stout pour off of it. I'm thinking that to maintain my 2 volumes with a 25% CO2 mix, I'll need about 35psi serving pressure. Will I need 40 feet of beer line to overcome this, or will the restrictor plate take care of it?

Clark

So I've got my kegerator setup with 3 regular faucets and a CO2 system all balanced out and pouring nicely at 40F. I just added a separate stout faucet and beer gas tank/regulator. I've got my RIS setup for carbonating at 2 vols of CO2, and am wondering if the 10 feet of beverage line between the stout faucet and beer gas keg is long enough, or if I need to increase it due to the higher serving pressure. I'd like to be able to maintain the 2 vols of CO2, and still get a good stout pour off of it. I'm thinking that to maintain my 2 volumes with a 25% CO2 mix, I'll need about 35psi serving pressure. Will I need 40 feet of beer line to overcome this, or will the restrictor plate take care of it?

Clark

You should be fine with 10 feet, I only have about 5 feet of line running at 35psi and have no pour problems at all. Stout faucets are really quite easy to balance as long as you don't over carb the beer to begin with.

Back