BadKarma™ Brewing. Improvisational keezer manufacturing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's about time I make my way over to another specialty forum of interest that pertains to what I'm currently filddle-fawking with at the moment.

So many many moons ago, i put together a run of the mill kegerator from your average mini fridge:

A few months after that, I built a 'bar' for it to go in that I never finished:

Then things go on hold for quite some time. I had a baby, bought a house, etc etc.

"****BALLS! I really enjoy beer, and so do my friends" I said. "Lets go ahead and build a keezer since I now have the 'time' and space for it."

So i bought a chest freezer from Craigslist and made sure that it functioned correctly, which it did.

Built a collar for it:

insulation:

Relays are for communists, only industrial-grade overkilling here:

Wire-nuts? You mean sissy-twists? This shizz is soldered and heat-shrinked.

Omron temperature controller:

'secondary regulator manifold'

The manifold was/is a proof of concept more or less. I'm not certain that it'll work well. If it does, great! I'll have a really expensive do-hickery for air management. If not, well then I might have to sell my first born to pay for it and its replacement.

And thats what i've got thus far. Thoughts and ideas? Comments or concerns? I'd love to hear other input since this is an on-going, continually-improving keezer build.

Until next time...

Now that is a nice tap handle! I made a B&M shifter out of brass out in my high school metal shop class. I still have it soooo, how did you connect it all up?

Latest posts

Back