BACON floavored beer?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Reaction score
I was flipping through one of my brew books today and ran across the "goat's scrotum ale", which looks to be a basic porter style beer with whatever flavor you want to add....this was right after breakfast and I remembered I have a bacon flavored syrup from world market place in the cupboard....who else thinks this might be an awesome or god-awful idea? a bacon porter?

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There's probably hundreds of threads on bacon beer on here. Just like there are commercial bacon beers out there. No big deal. If you want to make them, I would start by looking at those threads labeled bacon beer, in the similar threads box below.

TNGabe

Reaction score
Pisgah has one.

Benton's Bacon Snout.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
You can also infuse bourbon with bacon as I show in this thread, and add that to the beer, for example to make a bacon bourbon stout....even more points if you cure your own bacon...extra credit if you make it a maple bacon bourbon. ;)

OP
W
Reaction score
you ,sir, are nuts. and I love it. that is an amazing thread. I go to an Asian market all the time and see the pork belly, but what to do with it? I've contemplated the whole meat processing thing too, being a deer and (soon to be) feral pig hunter in NC (if only I had taken an interest in deer hunting the first 18 yrs of my life while living in Wisconsin). I will need to follow up on the punk link you've posted as well.