Back in Space, Baby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
Wow, the shuttle flew again today...can't believe it's been almost 2 1/2 years! Lots of friends and former co-workers down here will be celebrating tonight. :cool:

Don't know for sure, but I suspect that a few brews couldn't even compare to the buzz from looking down at ol earth from orbit.

El Pistolero said:
Don't know for sure, but I suspect that a few brews couldn't even compare to the buzz from looking down at ol earth from orbit.

I dunno, I've got this porter............:D

Sam75 said:

Well, yes, a fine porter (or two) can certainly place one in orbit, not to mention rendering one bullet proof and invisible. I stand corrected. :D

On a personal note tho (to Sam), my old man served 25+ years in the Air Force Weather Service. Some of my earliest (and strangely fondest) memories are of standing out in the middle of grass fields having my nads eaten off by chiggers and "helping" the old man launch weather balloons. So to Sam, and my old man. Salut!

El Pistolero said:
Well, yes, a fine porter (or two) can certainly place one in orbit, not to mention rendering one bullet proof and invisible. I stand corrected. :D

On a personal note tho (to Sam), my old man served 25+ years in the Air Force Weather Service. Some of my earliest (and strangely fondest) memories are of standing out in the middle of grass fields having my nads eaten off by chiggers and "helping" the old man launch weather balloons. So to Sam, and my old man. Salut!

Well I'll be damned! Is he still around? ORRELSE is a wx man, too.

Very cool....I'll hoist one for your old man. Cheers!

El Pistolero said:

That's neat....working the old theodolite...LOL...Haven't thought about that dumb thing in years....
I'd be interested to know more about your Pop....I've been in the career field for almost 15 years....when did he retire?

Sam75 said:

damn Sam! your a riot!!!!!LOL :D

it is pretty cool she's back in orbit. watching her do that back flip for the space station's camera was pretty awesome looking. so were the booster "cam's" during lift-off......

Back