Back from Germany to Burke / Fairfax VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4minmile

Reaction score
Guten Tag,

I'm back into the hobby after having no need for it the previous two years when I was living in Stuttgart, Germany. For the time being I'm an extract brewer trying (with pretty good success) to emulate some of the great biers I had in Deutschland. The goal is to get the equipment necessary to move to all-grain brewing and take the next step up the pyramid. If anyone is in the area that is already all-grain brewing and would like some company on their next brew day I'm happy to come help and take notes. Otherwise I'm always up for meeting and swapping some biers.

Prost,
Michael

Welcome back from the land of real beer and bratwurst.
Was in Stuttgart for the rolling stones live outdoor concert in 78.
Those were the days.....
Finally found a decent bratwurst here after many decades, sold only
in the far northeast.
Spaten is about the only decent imported german beer IMO found here for a reasonable price.

Look no further, beekeeperman,
Yes, we here in Germany love Bratwurst. But the finest in Bratwurst varieties cannot be found here but in Cumberland, WI:

http://louiesfinermeats.com/ features an amazing number of styles.

Enjoy, maybe accompanied by a bottle of Moosdrool from Missoula, MT, my favorite brew (apart from my own real ale)

Back