Avery Homebrew Recipes. Get the info here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely pretty cool of them to have that available. There are a lot of breweries that are so secretive for no reason; this is a nice change of pace with the cards on the table.

Thanks for posting. Avery is one of the few Colorado brewers I can get regularly. This will be a fun experiment.

Sent using the Home Brew App.

I found this link, off the Avery website. Don't know if everyone is aware of it, so I figured I would post it.

http://averybrewing.com/brewery/recipes-for-homebrewers/

Prost!

OK, maybe I'm missing something, but why are they not including the actual AMOUNT of grains?? For instance, on the Belgian Wheat:
Grist:
Pale 2-Row – 50%
Pale Wheat – 50%

But it doesn't actually say how many POUNDS of each grain to add.... 50% of WHAT? How much? At least with the HOPS, they give ounce measurements...

Use your efficiency to make adjustments so that you hit the OG.

A program like Beer Alchemy will give you the right amounts.

Use your efficiency to make adjustments so that you hit the OG.

A program like Beer Alchemy will give you the right amounts.

Would Beer Smith do these calculations as well?? Is Beer Smith free?

Beersmith is not free. However, its one of the best, if not the best 20 bucks I have ever spent on brewing. Oh wait, I think a vendor is selling it for $18 instead of $21

Forgot to add I have used the grain bill for the Kaiser and Old Jubilation, but I used US05 instead of what they used. I believe one of em uses a lager yeast. Either way I am very happy with what I ended up with.

For instance, on the Belgian Wheat:
Grist:
Pale 2-Row – 50%
Pale Wheat – 50%

This is pretty standard with most of the commercial recipes I've seen in my research. They are brewing in the hundreds and thousands of gallons. You have to adjust them down to your system...then experiment with the results on a recipe calculator for color, ibu and alcohol.

Back