Avery Free Yeast still?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffabrew

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker and I'm excited to join up for real.

Unfortunately for work I moved away from Colorado for the past year or so. Fortunately, I'm back in the land of mountains and glorious, glorious brew :mug:.

Anyways, before I left I would often take advantage of Avery Brewing Company's "free yeast for homebrewers" program. I would just pull up on a weekday with a mason jar and get more than enough yeast for any 5-10 gal brew I was making.

Since they've moved to their new/bigger facility, does anyone know if they still provide this? I tried giving them a call, and they made me leave a message with someone (they have a fancy phone system now and front office people :D). If anyone knows, let me know!

I hadn't heard of this before -- hopefully someone can confirm, as it would be worth a drive up there from Denver to get some new and interesting yeast to work with!

I'm going there this weekend. I guess I need to bring a mason jar with me.

fosaisu - great av! Most Bone fans go for one of the Bones if not the stupid, stupid rat creatures.

:)

(Pardons for getting this thread off-topic!)

Sorry guys for getting back to you so late

Avery DOES allow you to take yeast, and they always have. The only thing is - You MUST schedule an appointment for it nowadays.

I left empty handed of yeast but brought home plenty of bottles of Tweak!

Sorry guys for getting back to you so late

Avery DOES allow you to take yeast, and they always have. The only thing is - You MUST schedule an appointment for it nowadays.

I left empty handed of yeast but brought home plenty of bottles of Tweak!

Cool to know, and making an appointment makes sense.

Did they say the best way to contact them -- call or maybe an email address to reach out to?

Cool to know, and making an appointment makes sense.

Did they say the best way to contact them -- call or maybe an email address to reach out to?

Sorry for late reply - I'd just call the main line and hopefully they can re-direct you.

When I asked about it, I talked to a waitress and she knew what I was talking about. I'm sure anyone can probably direct you to the right person.

Thanks for doing the detective work Bondra! I'll definitely have to call them about getting some soon. :D

Back