Avery Brewing Tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyP

Reaction score
This past Wednesday I was lucky enough to find out about an Avery Brewing Company private tasting at one of the bars downtown. I bought my ticket the Monday prior, and didn't really know what to expect, especially since it was $45. I found out pretty quick how awesome the whole experience was going to be. A total of 15 different beers were served (probably 1/2 to 1/3 a glass) and plenty of munchies to go along with it. To top it all of, Adam Avery was there to walk us through each flight of beers. Adam was really cool and personable, and I was lucky enough to have him sit across the table from me when he wasn't giving his spiel.

I've had a few Avery brews before and I was a fan, but after having tasted brews like the maharaja, I'm a huge fan. At the end of the flights, Adam said if any homebrewers were interested in any of the beers, he could send them a 5 gallon equivalent recipe. To say the least, I had a great time, and the $45 was a pretty trivial amount of money.

If you ever hear of, or have the chance to go to an Avery beer tasting, definitely jump on it.

Sweet, and take him up on the recipes! I love their White Rascal.

Mikey

I had the chance to have a similar experience at the Flying Saucer here in Little Rock. They had a similar tasting with 14 of the Avery beers and Adam Avery. I loved the whole Dictator Series with the Kaiser (Imperial Oktoberfest) and the Czar (Imperial Stout). I don't think I remember too much about the Beast or Samael. It was an awesome tasting and I found Adam to be a great guy who's very supportive of homebrewing. Be sure to post any recipes that you get.

Darren

Latest posts

Back