Auto-Tuning Auber SYL-1512A Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruversm

Reaction score
Anyone here successfully perform the Auto-Tune routine for the Auber SYL-1512A?

Is there a way to perform the Auto-Tune function to a certain temp (i.e. 154F)? When I start the Auto-Tune the temp goes to boiling.

I have an update: For those of you who have an Auber SYL-1512A PID with a Type "K" temp probe, along with an ASCO Red Hat Gas Solenoid valve, this PID will only work in the "Outy" #4 position and cannot be Auto-tuned. Auber states that the Auto-tune process only works with the "Outy" #1 and #2 settings.

Does anyone know if there is a way to Auto-Tune this PID with a setup similar to mine?

IMG_1046.jpg

Is that gas valve just on/off, or does it allow the controller to throttle the gas? If the former, then I believe auto-tuning (and indeed, PID control at all) will not be possible. PID control depends on being able to control the output power, and I don't think that would be possible with a solenoid valve. Certainly not an expert, though.

Back