Auto Siphons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an auto siphon that isn't a cheap piece of junk? I don't mind paying more than 15 bucks for something of quality please give your recommendations. Thank you HBT community!

No. I prefer plain silicon hose prefilled with starsan and pinched between your fingers (sanitized gloves on) or a shutoff clamp near the tube ends. Or carboy cap + copper tube when transferring from carboy using co2 tank (similar to picture above but some co2 from regulator instead of blowing to start the siphon).

Last edited:
Thank you guys! I did check out that jiggler before I posted this and almost got it until I read reviews that ppl said they didn't like it because they had a hell of a time getting the siphon started with it.

I just saw a stainless auto siphon on Ali express (Ali baba?) I can’t vouch for the vendor, but pretty cool that there is a stainless one out there.
The funny thing is I don’t use for beer anymore since I’ve been pressure fermenting, but you never know when you need to top off the fish tank or borrow some of the neighbors gas.

Back