Australian Lager? RESPOND

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinJack

Reaction score
Alustralian Walk About Lager

Starting Gravity: 1.044-1.050
Finishing Gravity: 1.007-1.013

Approximate Alcohol Content: 4.0-4.5%

Cara Pils 8.0 ounces
Pale 2 Row 8.0 pounds
Pride of Ringwood (Bittering) 0.5 ounces
Saaz (Finishing) 1.0 ounces
Irish Moss 1.0 package
Wyeast #2042 Danish Lager 1.0 package
OR
Appropriate White Labs strain 1.0 tube

Bottle with .75cups corn sugar

Hey guys i have been meaning to do a lager recipe this year and i am not much of a beer person but i am ashamed to admit a small fondness for Fosters (alustrailian for piss) Lager. A friend gave me a can of fosters and told me it tasted like cheap malty champagne and in my opinion he hit almost hit the nail on the head. I found it a rather bitter cheep champagne but i wont turn down a Fosters as bad beer... I was wondering how this recipe i found stood up to you guy's critism. Also keeping with the idea that i would like to preserve the champange like finnish do you think sticking with the dutch lager yeast will be a good move or should i change yeast. Also hopeing to raise the final ABV a bit and would like to know how to bump that up. Also might want to tweek the hops a bit. Any reactions will be appreciated, and if you must throw stones please aim for my head as it is the hardest part on my body when not in the company of a pretty girl.

Cheers

Wyeast #2042 Danish Lager 1.0 package
OR
Appropriate White Labs strain 1.0 tube

1 pack of liquid yeast is really not enough for five gallons of lager unless you make a really big starter, or step it up twice to a merely pretty big starter.

Back