Austin home brew clone kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used their partial mash kit for my Janet's Brown ale and it is an amazing, delicious beer. Very impressed with the quality of the ingredients and the crush of the grains. Hit my gravity numbers precisely. AHS is a no-brainer if I want a kit. I often use washed yeast so that cuts down on cost as well.

I've got one bottle conditioning and another ready to brew this weekend. Not sure about quality (how good of a clone), but the reviews are positive and the instructions are easy to follow.

Austin Homebrew is well regarded. I would not hesitate ordering from them if I didn't have access to a LHBS. Good luck.

To mimic others; I would trust them highly.

When I first started brewing several years ago, I used them for a few "mini-mash" kits that helped push me into all grain brewing. The one I specifically remember was the Rogue Dead Guy clone. All of my buddies preferred my homebrew from the kit over the commercial sixer I brought to compare....this makes me want a dead guy ale now...

I have done several clone kits from ahs including smithwicks ale which is fermenting right now. As to how are they, it depends on what you mean. Mine have turned out well, but I must admit they don't taste exactly like the commercial beers. I am not sure if it my processes that need work or how close one can expect to get to a commercial beer with their proprietary secrets.

Back