Auber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedennis

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I have been homebrewing for about 4 years now and have been working at my LHBS for nearly 10 months now. I began designing and piecing together a new RIMS system about a month ago. I now have all the pieces I need in order to construct my control panel. I ordered all the parts from various places (Amazon, ebrewsupply, and Brew&Grow), all of which I had an excellent experience with. Then it came to Auber Instruments.

I ordered my RTD sensor (awesome), PID controller (awesome), and lastly an enclosure. The first enclosure they sent me had a decent size rip on the lining inside of the door. I do have to give it to them though, they had good customer service and sent me a new one without charging me return shipping since it was technically a defective product. The second one I received was also damaged! This time there was a large dent in one of the corners. I was able to figure out it wasn't from shipping either because the outside box was fine but the inner box from their warehouse had a hole in it right where the enclosure was damaged. I am in the process of contacting them about this one and assume they will replace it as well free of shipping. It is driving me nuts how long it is taking to get a simple product from them. How hard can it be to make sure they product isn't damaged before shipping it out. Anyone else had a similar experience, good or bad, with Auber before?

I have totally gone electronic with my smoker and brewing equipment. Aubers are the easiest vendors that I have ever worked with. Had a SSVR relay that didn't work. Called them and a new one was in the mail with in a hour. Ordered the wrong part (my fault) emailed them and they sent the new one out before receiving the wrong one.

Had questions on wiring alarm on my PID. Emailed them and got a reply with in a hour. Every time I have ordered from them everything is in the mail that day.

I can't say enough good things about them.

If you have a problem I suggest contacting them. They are really easy to work with.

TD

I've ordered a PID and RTD sensor in two seperate transactions with Auber and have been highly satisfied with the quality and shipping of the products. No issues.

I have totally gone electronic with my smoker and brewing equipment. Aubers are the easiest vendors that I have ever worked with. Had a SSVR relay that didn't work. Called them and a new one was in the mail with in a hour. Ordered the wrong part (my fault) emailed them and they sent the new one out before receiving the wrong one.

Had questions on wiring alarm on my PID. Emailed them and got a reply with in a hour. Every time I have ordered from them everything is in the mail that day.

I can't say enough good things about them.

If you have a problem I suggest contacting them. They are really easy to work with.

TD

I haven't had any problems at all with their customer service. They are quick to respond and help with what I need. The thing that gets me is I was told by them that they can't guarantee that they ship me an enclosure that isn't dented because, and I quote, "All of our enclosures came by ocean ship and more or less has little defects on it." Now to me that is saying we are charging you for a brand new item yet more likely than not they aren't going to be in perfect condition. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Latest posts

Back