auber syl-2362 - need heating and cooling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slakwhere

Reaction score
so i currently have my fridge set up in the garage on an auber syl-2362, and it's working great. but i got lazy and set the plug to use the J1 relay instead of an SSR or a relay. it appears to be working just fine.

but now it's getting cold outside, so i need heat as well as cooling from this device. I have a DPDT relay that fires on 12vdc and connects 120vac contacts. should i just use the normally closed set for heat and the normally open side for cooling and have it alternate? that seems like it'll cause bigger temp fluxes than i want and basically fight itself.

anyone got a diagram or an explination of how to set heat and cool out of this temp controller?

thanks renevdb!

awesome, using AL1/AH1 and AL2/AH2 i set limits for when the heater and fridge should go on. it's a little harder to set a target temp this way (have to set ranges for the heater and cooler separately) but it's working great!!

need to set up relays for both the fridge and freezer, but they're working just fine short term on the relays in the auber. I think i'll use 12vdc relays so i can power the whole thing with 12vdc (relays + auber) and then have the relays switching 120vac power to the heater and fridge.

Back