Auber instraments??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickflip_mj

Reaction score
so i was looking at the pid controllers they have and im not really sure of the quality/accuracy of the product. im using one for my heating 1500 w element i already have an ssr because the pid i have stoped working... any imput would be nice:)

Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller [SYL-1512A] - $35.95 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller (Relay Output) [SYL-2342] - $44.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

You are probably going to want this one for a 1500W element. You will need SSR output, not Relay output.

1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller (SSR control output) [SYL-2352] - $44.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

I have this one for my 5500W element, I love it.
I am new at this type of install. I have the Syl 2342 with the relay. I am using 120v and I am attempting to wire an asco valve. It will open or close based on temperature of the mash tun. at what terminals would I wire the asco? Anybody ever do this?

the accuracy of the PID controllers isn't usually the problem; however, i found the auber RTD's to be of dubious quality, or i could just be really unlucky. i bought 2 last year. one was off by about 6 degrees, the other 15, from a 150 degree water bath. i recently bought 2 RTD's from omega.com, they were both spot on. the PID controllers were the same (2352's from auber).

p.d.

Back