Auber Ezboil help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtp137

Reaction score
Just got the ezboil hooked up I am testing it with just water. I set it at 154 and it starts heating normally and shuts of at 151 and throttles the element on and off the only problem is it has been stuck at 151 for a 1/2 hour. Do you think it is because I am just running water or is this thing flawed

I'm going from memory here so open up the instructions and double check me. I'm going to guess that you may have bumped your boil mode temp to 151 and are in boil mode. I would get your manual and go through the system settings and make sure things are set where you want them for the correct mode (mash/boil). Try that and let me know how it works out. I have one too and have gotten tripped up a time or two as I got used to how it works.

I was in mash mode I ended up changing the overshoot setting this seemed to work I will test it again tonight. I will probably put it back to zero when I mash for the first time I know that the parameters will change when I use more water and actually have grains

I was looking at the instructions earlier today and saw the overshoot setting. But didn't think that would cause your issue because it said it does it on the initial ramp up only. So, if it was the overshoot setting and you had it set to -3, after the initial ramp up I would think it would slowly walk itself up to your actual set temp.

Its working steady as a rock with just water cant wait to test it out. I hope the overshot setting doesnt need to be played with when mash variables change

Just brewed my first batch with an ezboil last night, it's an incredibly good controller. Just remember to secure the temp sensor during boil. My system is way overpowered and I boil at 40% output. While moving some stuff around the temp sensor fell out of the kettle, read under 200 and the controller went into ramp mode and dumped full power to my element even tho it was set at 40. Instant boil over. You can go into settings and change boil acceleration temp (bast) to 0 to run without the temp sensor but you will lose the automation for your boil ramp and have to control output manually.

Back