At UC Davis June 11-15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumblebum

Reaction score
I'm going up (I live in SoCal) to do the Intensive Brewing Science short course this week at UC Davis.

Anybody else on the board taking it this year?

Anyone live near there that wants to grab a pint or 3 in the evening anytime Monday through Thursday? I was thinking about hitting Track 7 Brewing Co... close and they sound like they have some great offerings.

:mug:

sorry can't meet up for a pint but debating going to Track 7 sometime in the new few week. I would be interested in your opinion. As well as your opinion on the class... my hubby and I have been contemplating taking some classes through UC Davis.

I haven't been out to Track 7 yet... if I don't go tonight I probably won't make it, as the class dinner is tomorrow night and I'll be heading back to SoCal ASAP on Friday after class. A couple of the guys in class went over there and said they have pretty decent beer, but the facility is pretty... industrial? I personally wouldn't care, as long as the beer is good! Sounds like it would be worth a trip over at any rate.

As for the class(Intensive Brewing Science for Practical Brewing), it's designed for the professional to get a solid grasp of the biochemistry and engineering of brewing. If you have some science background (e.g. you know what an enzyme is and how it functions) you could get some benefit out of this class even as a homebrewer.

The Intro to Practical Brewing course is going to be offered early 2013... might want to take a look:

http://extension.ucdavis.edu/unit/b...ng&prgList=BRS&AreaName=Brewing+Short+Courses

Not cheap, but well worth it considering the expertise of the folks teaching the class. These guys have forgotten more about brewing than I will likely ever know!

Back