Ashville, NC beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWhleDr

Reaction score
Hello,

I am leaving for vacation on friday night and have a hotel in Ashville for one night. I plan to arrive around 5 p.m. and after the drive am excited to stop at the local breweries. There is an abundance of them in the town so I cant decide which ones to go to. I would like to go to Ashville brewing co. and Lexington Ave. brewery at minimum. Anyone have a favorite place in the town that I should not miss? Guess I could have a pint and walk to each one. I also plan on picking up bombers or six packs of some local brew so any recommendations would be great! Thanks in advance.

One great hing about Asheville (all of NC) is that breweries/brewpubs can self distribute (we are jealous down here in GA). So if you go to one of the beer bars (Thirsty Monk, MellowMushroom, Barley's, etc.) you can get almost all the local beers. Really any of those places will keep you more than busy for a night, but they are within walking distance of each other.

Too bad you only have one night. Asheville is great!

Recommend Barley's Taproom for drinking, food.
Beer tours - going to be tough to fit in more than two, but Highland is there, and Pisgah makes some damn fine beers - they're a tad east of Asheville and a bit difficult to find, though.

Latest posts

Back