Asco valve conduit connector?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruversm

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a flexible conduit connector to interface with my Asco Red Hat valves. My local Menards seems to only sell 1/2" and 3/4" connectors. I believe that I need a 7/8".

Any ideas?

McMaster-Carr doesn't appear to have 7/8 flex conduit or connectors.

This leaves me to suspect that no such thing exists. Is 7/8 the nominal (trade) size of the connector, or did you measure the nipple/fitting for the valve? If you need a fitting for 7/8 pipe, nothing about it is actually 7/8 in size.

The products sold go by the trade size designation mostly, not actual thread OD dimensions, specially pipe thread sizes. The main variation in sizing comes into play with refrigeration tubing sold by OD, and same tubing sold by ID for plumbing service. Only difference is refigeration tube has had the stearic acid lube washed out and the inside of the tube filled with dry nitrogen then plugged under slight pressure.

That's what I thought...but are 7/8" connectors hard to find?

Yes, as a trade size do not exist.
The sizes displayed at the store are 1/2", 3/4", 1" etc.
You need to purchase a 1/2" which measures 7/8" OD.

Reread kladu & jds replies.

My edit: kladu beat me, my spell checker is too slow

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Here is a picture of my ASCO valve setup

b8.jpg

Back