ASCO Red Hats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thehopguy

Reaction score
I'm going to start sourcing all the supplies to build my automated brew rig and I have a question about solenoid valves. I've been using the 2007 BYO issue for the BRUTUS 10. I know this is an old issue and model numbers may have changed so I'm having trouble finding the solenoid valve he used. I know very little about solenoid valves so what exactly am I looking for here.. i know I need a ASCO Red Hat Stainless 1/2" NPT however I can't find one that matches the model number 8210G37 .

What is the appropriate model?? Thanks in advance for whoever has knowledge on these types of things!

I have 3 ASCO EF8210G076 for sale on the for sale forum. They are 3/4" (I went with this size in case I ever wanted to change the system to natural gas, the 3/4" would allow me to still get 250,000+ BTU). The letters in front of the
model number stand for...

EF is Explosion Proof class I division I, HT is Class H High Temperature,
JB is Valve in a Junction Box, JKF is Neoprene oring, K is 0-30psi air operated and F is normally closed.

You can go through the catalog and see all the different styles. The ones I have are meant for fuel gas which is what you want.

here is the link to my sale thread. I decided to go with 6 valves instead of 3. So I got 6 stainless ones. (I wanted them all to match)
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/3-asco-8210-g076-3-4-solenoid-valves-510229/

Back