ASCO Red Hat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thehopguy

Reaction score
I'm going to start sourcing all the supplies to build my automated brew rig and I have a question about solenoid valves. I've been using the 2007 BYO issue for the BRUTUS 10. I know this is an old issue and model numbers may have changed so I'm having trouble finding the solenoid valve he used. I know very little about solenoid valves so what exactly am I looking for here.. i know I need a ASCO Red Hat Stainless 1/2" NPT however I can't find one that matches the model number 8210G37 .

What is the appropriate model?? Thanks in advance for whoever has knowledge on these types of things!

I'm going to start sourcing all the supplies to build my automated brew rig and I have a question about solenoid valves. I've been using the 2007 BYO issue for the BRUTUS 10. I know this is an old issue and model numbers may have changed so I'm having trouble finding the solenoid valve he used. I know very little about solenoid valves so what exactly am I looking for here.. i know I need a ASCO Red Hat Stainless 1/2" NPT however I can't find one that matches the model number 8210G37 .

What is the appropriate model?? Thanks in advance for whoever has knowledge on these types of things!

I'm not familiar with that article, but I'm using two ASCO Red Hat valves with my in-progress build. Will try to get over to my buddy's shop and get model number. I do know that they are not stainless though.

Might also get more responses posting in Automation section.

Tons of great info in the automation section. I'm in the planning stages of my own build. I'm leaning towards honeywell valves, seems like a lot of people are using them and they look fairly easy to deal with. One of the commonly used ones is VR8200A2124, but you could use lots of different ones. Hope this helps.

-ben

i know I need a ASCO Red Hat Stainless 1/2" NPT however I can't find one that matches the model number 8210G37 .

Asco redid their model numbers a few years ago so that all models end in 3 numbers. The new version of that valve is 8210G037. Please bear in mind that valve has a maximum temp rating of 180F, and you need to specify your voltage when you buy it because that valve series is available in multiple versions with the same model number.

Latest posts

Back