As my thread is closed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
I hereby apologise to HBT for bringing up the subject of illegal stills.

Actually I believe it is illegal in Australia other than purifying water and producing essential oils. Wait "A loop hole".

I am not totally off my trolley, I don't do drugs and my wife wont let me go out with bad women.

A point of interest. Its only over the past 20 years in Australia that a guy was allowed to brew anything past 2% alcohol without paying excise.

I have just discovered that in New Zealand they are allowed 5 litre stills. Be applying to emigrate soon. The traffic is generally the other way.

Actually the Kiwi's are a good bunch of blokes and great mates in a stouch you couldent find better. The Anzacs are legendary.

So I buy my spirit $60aud a bottle just as well the beer is under 40c.

I just put down a "Brewiser" Lager which I believe to be made by Tooheys. It is reported to be simular to "Budwiser" I have yet to find that out.

So again if I have usurped my privaleges I am sorry and will not do it again. This is by way of giving closure.

Cheers
Terry

No need to apologize, man, it happens. Feel free to post about other stuff as well. It's not that we hate moonshining, it's more of a CYA thing with the Revenuers.

No need to apologize, man, it happens. Feel free to post about other stuff as well. It's not that we hate moonshining, it's more of a CYA thing with the Revenuers.

You mean your "friend" does not hate moonshine, right? :mug:

You can make your own whiskey legally by buying cheap vodka and running it through a Brita or similar pitcher a few times, then adding flavor. Pretty simple.

I was actually kinda proud when My first thread got closed.

It's kinda like getting hurt playing sports. If you're not getting in trouble once in a while...you're not trying hard enough!

Hope you stick around...We'll teach you things that will blow your mind.

I was actually kinda proud when My first thread got closed.

It's kinda like getting hurt playing sports. If you're not getting in trouble once in a while...you're not trying hard enough!

Hope you stick around...We'll teach you things that will blow your mind.

yeah I got in trouble for posting hardcore once or twice. this was before we had the ********.:D

Considering what Revvy's other hobbies are, I really don't think you want that bed, BigKahuna. ;)

I never get MY threads closed. Worst I get is my brilliant commentary and sage advice edited by The Man. You know what's worst about censorship? It's whe^(&&

Mod Edit: There'll be none of that now.

Considering what Revvy's other hobbies are, I really don't think you want that bed, BigKahuna. ;)

At Revvy's? He might have to move his RealDolls.

*sigh* If only you knew the truth of the miserable state of my love life...

I should have remained Catholic and become a priest (insert Joke answer a or b)

(a) Since involuntary celibacy pretty much sums up the last couple years of my life.

(b) I would have probably had more sex then.

:D

Well I sure would like to share a dozen or three prawns on a barbeque with you guys. I think we would run out of food before the grog ran out.

Actually at the ripe old age of 66 I am considering that when I can no longer drink beer due to health reasons I will use whats left as aftershave.

That could be a while off I reckon the beer is preserving me. I know it gives me energy. I weeded a rockery mowed and cleaned up the garden this morning. To recoup I downed a small bottle of Draught and feel positively ready for the next.

Very important job this arvo, wash and cover bottles with cling wrap ready for the bottling ceremony, accompanied with the consumption of a particular vintaged ale of now 3 months.

Who said retirement is boring. To top it off I sold a copy of my InkMon monitor today so life in the slow lane is great and all is right with the world.

Thanks to the greed in the stock markets what little super I had has turned turtle and is going south. If things get really bad I will set up a sly grog shop. Not selling it just have a barter system ie produce for beer. Actually I think thats within the law as I would not be asking money I would be getting gifts for neigbours. I have yet to run the idea past the boss. A bunch of flower's a bottle of her favourite perfume, let her have the remote for a while and she may agree even maybe a bit of canoodleing ( I will leave that to the imagination).

You guys are not the only ones I pester I have a Russian penpal in St Petersburg who must be freezing his nuts off right now. I send him pictures of places like Bondi and Manley beaches. He told me that is a typical westerner torturing a poor peasant. I cannot help it living in the best place on the planet.

It's like the world youth day we had 100,s of thousands came here on visas now we can't get rid of the buggers, they all want to stay and surf or worse still chat up our girls. I guess that does not bother me much now although when I was in my early 20's the girls on Coogee beach where I used to go were delightful. Ahhh! thems were the days.

Age does not change one. There is still a randy 18 year old this side of my eyes. Trouble is the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Closed out ehh! I am famous now, I will forever be revered and not considered a silly old sod.

I will take my bow

Terry

Terry, you are my favorite new HBT dood.

My best man and best friend just obtained clearance from the powers that be to emigrate to Australia. I will miss him and his family, but life sure sounds good down under. We hope to visit some day when the kids get old enough to deal with the 24 hr flight.

Don't be a stranger!

*sigh* If only you knew the truth of the miserable state of my love life...
I should have remained Catholic and become a priest (insert Joke answer a or b)
(a) Since involuntary celibacy pretty much sums up the last couple years of my life.
(b) I would have probably had more sex then.

:D

The bed is probably cleaner than the keyboard!

Badump-dump!

[My best man and best friend just obtained clearance from the powers that be to emigrate to Australia. I will miss him and his family, but life sure sounds good down under. We hope to visit some day when the kids get old enough to deal with the 24 hr flight.

I was born in England and emigrated in 1964 at the fine old age of 21. Was the best thing I did in my life. My wife is a true blue dinki di Aussie, and sure can keep me in line.

I have seen a fair bit of Australia although I have not been across to WA and the Kimberlies or the Pilbra region. Out where Crocodile Dundee was shot.

All countries have their own beauty, Australia as it was seperated from the rest of the world until 200 or so years ago is the reason it has so different flora and fawna. Sydney where I live has a climate simular to California but without the terrible weather. It has been unusually wet lately so we are hopeing we will have less problems with bush fires. The population is 22million in a Continant about the size of America. There is a lot of space. 30km any direction from a major town puts you in the bush or forrest.
Sydney harbour is a site to see with the sun sparkling on the water. We love taking ferry rides. Part of the public transport system.

Bondi etc is not the best beach only one of the most crowded. The Friendly beach in Tasmania has totally white sand absolutly crystal clear water and mostly deserted except for the nesting sea birds. The Whales pass by from the Antartic.
Tasmainia is a small isle that is aproximatly 300+ km length and breadth.

So for me life is great and it is good seeing all the different races and creeds living in peace here. Mind you they are beaten into submission first and made to clean up their act.

I talk- no! type to much, go now.

Terry

conpewter I lookd at your photos and what do I see. A dreaded lawn mower. Our grass is generally KiKuri or Buffalo and without power mowers lawns would be impossible.

Everybody tends to start mowing around 4pm Saturday Arvo, just when I am partaking of a cool brew.

Just finished putting another batch of bottles away for Christmas. I will be as popular as ever. I never get asked how I am, I am greeted with "Did you bring your brew with you"

What can I say to my adoring fans. Yes! grovel to your hero lower beings.

Anyway I just noticed the ants are active, that shows we are in for some good rain. Bring it on, fill our dams and make the grass grow twice as frigging fast..

Terry

Yeah, Michigan is getting into distilling bigtime.

I drank a few with Kris at MBC, Friday, and helped the Cellar Master empty the spent mash from the first-distillation Christian Carl, and refill it with new mash. The MSU classes are held at MBC. They are also doing BioDiesel classes there, and using the diesel to power the Beer Fest Events truck.

It's the best liquor I've ever had.

Back