As if he knew it was brew day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWS22

Reaction score
My two and a half year old son stumbles into our room at 7AM in his pjs carrying my new Better Bottle with him.

Kids. Classic.

My three year old daughter is my brew assistant, she loves to stir while I pour the grain in the mash tun and she opens the fermenter cabinet at least once a day to "check the beer" :)

as i bottled the other day, my 3 yr old and 5 yr old were taking turns putting the caps on top of the bottles for me as i capped each bottle. :mug:

This is so awesome! I can't wait until my fifteen-month-old son is with it enough to know what brew day is all about.

Wait til they're in their 20's and 30's. All they do then is drink your beer.
No longer paying their bills, but nice to know I can still be the provider.
:mug:

Wait til they're in their 20's and 30's. All they do then is drink your beer.
No longer paying their bills, but nice to know I can still be the provider.
:mug:

+1

and +1 to everyone else, for that matter. here's to kids who think the hobby's fun even if our wives won't drink what we brew! (all the more for me!) :mug:

My little boy is very interested in whatever I am doing and is always right over my shoulder - whether I am kegging - brewing - racking - he's always very involved but this story made me laugh really hard...

My local home brew store is a "green store" they do maternity clothes, breast feeding materials, cloth diapers and stuff of that sort - my wife took my son the other day to the store because they were doing a children's music hour. As soon as they walked in my 3 year old recognized the store and announced "THIS IS WHERE DADDY GETS HIS BEER!" He was so excited. I think I'll take him with me to get my recipe for tomorrow's brew day.

my 2.7 yr old girl is listed on all my writeups as asstnt brewer. New issue of byo just came in she had 2 have it 1st saying I love daddys beer book. Show her a oz of hops she says pops, I love daddys pops. They are the best. And yes they do know. I made my starter 2day she walked by it right before bed sees the 1/4" of bubbles on it and says. daddys beer we make daddys beer now.

My little girl recently turned 4. We did my 3rd batch yesterday. She has figured out that brew day means we go our to the garage and listen to music for several hours. She says, "turn it up really loud Daddy!".

She wants to stir for me, but I won't let her get that close the pot while it's boiling. She did get to add the hops though.

Back