Are my calcualtions correct?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLep

Reaction score
I searched the forum for answers and put some together and thought I would get some opinions. I brewed up a blonde ale with honey, fermented with champagne yeast. It will soon be time to bottle, now I figure about 2.0 volume C02 for my beer. I plan on using honey for priming to complement the honey in the brew, my calculations tell me about 3.36 ounces of honey. Does that sound right? Also, regular beer bottles can handle this correct? Also, should I pitch more yeast before bottling? Thanks for your help.

Honey tends to ferment out very well so that number looks about right to me (Measure by weight). Regular beer bottles should easily handle 2 volumes of Co2, a lot of beers are 2.5 or higher.

I never do. If it was a huge barleywine or something that lagered for 6+ months I would, otherwise you will be just fine. 3 weeks at ~70 degrees should do ya well.

Latest posts

Back