Are discolored faucet parts ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tppk

Reaction score
I bought a kegerator on craigslist recently, complete with tower and faucet. I took the faucet and hose coupler apart and cleaned them as well as I can, but there there is still quite a bit of discoloration (see attached photos). I cleaned them by soaking everything in a solution of water and oxyclean and then scrubbing with a bristle brush and pipe cleaners.

My question is, can I still use this stuff (ie, is the discoloration normal) or should I toss it?

I happen to have another new faucet, but it's brass and won't look quite as nice against the chrome tower as the one in the photos. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if I could use the chrome faucet.

I don't have a replacement coupler. If the one I have is no good, do you know where I could get a new one? I know my local brew store doesn't have the right size. It has to be small enough to fit in the tower.

Thanks!

-Tom

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

discoloration is fine, if you look under your tap you will see the same thing, dont worry about it too much, obviously as time progresses it will get worse, but dont worry until it flakes.

Latest posts

Back