Arduino PID & Data Reporting Dashboard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortslurpin

Reaction score
Lets get this straight from the start...I do not consider myself an Arduino coding expert...but I have recently taught myself how to send PID controlled data from an Arduino to a web server and display the data real time on a webpage. I thought I would share it for those interested.

The full tutorial is located here http://www.fermentationriot.com/arduinopid.php

The dashboard will look like this when done:

arduinoPID.jpg

Happy Brewing to All!

My final goal is to have a web user interface which allows the setpoint or PID parameters to be easily changed on the fly. I'll post more if I get it working...

Regarding an update - I cant say I have a whole lot to add today. As I am going to be moving in the near future I haven't put a lot of effort in to this lately. However, this will definitely be built into the dedicated brewing room in the new home. Ill keep you updated once I progress further with this.

Question about your PID code. I was looking at the example for relay for the PID library and they have this:

Code:
if(Output < millis() - windowStartTime) digitalWrite(RelayPin, HIGH);
else digitalWrite(RelayPin, LOW);

while you have it switched:

Code:
if(Output < millis() - windowStartTime) digitalWrite(RelayPin, LOW);
else digitalWrite(RelayPin, HIGH);

Why is this and is this working right, because mine doesnt seem to work right, also it is constantly switching the relay either on or off and thought it was suppose to be a delay of based on windowSize

Latest posts

Back