April Fools Prank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC10Chief

Reaction score
I decided to bring some treats to work tomorrow for my co-workers. My wife conjured this up in her evil woman brain. I bought some mint Oreo's and Crest toothpaste. I took the cookie apart, cut out the middle of the frosting, filled with toothpaste, and then reassembled. I'll just leave them out for whoever is walking around grazing tomorrow. :D

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

NUM NUM!
DSC01166.jpg

LMFAO, not only is the prank hilarious, totally something I would do, but you used a hobby knife to cut out frosting as if it was some sort of precision surgery lol. Don't know why but that made me chuckle. Kudos on the prank though, let us know how it went over.

Awesome prank, +1 for the evil plan from the wife. Can't wait to hear how this goes over...

I'd have put something that's better for you if you actually swallow it. Maybe mayonnaise or even better...mustard!

Make sure you include a few "real" ones so you can be seen munching on them. And, toothpaste is not that good for you in large quantities. Some hot sauce mixed into the middle would have been pretty awesome.

I'd prank my kids if I wasn't afraid of them getting revenge on me at some point. Like in my old age.

Hopefully there are no fatties who eat 1/2 the box because toothpaste is poisonous.

Should have filled a couple with wasabi, really light their ass's on fire!

Well, I was somewhat disappointed with how this prank turned out. I came in to work this morning and set the cookies down on the table in the office as an offering. A couple of people walked in and said things like, "ooh! Oreo's!", but nobody tried one. Finally, after a couple of hours one of the crazy Canadians I work with came in and noticed the Oreo's. I told him to help himself. He grabbed five of them. He started talking about some hockey game or something and was just eating the Oreo's. After the second one, he says, "Wow! These are REALLY minty!". After the third one, I said, "Okay man, let me stop you right there. Those cookies are filled with toothpaste, and I'm not sure that it's a good idea to keep eating them". Then, he ate another one. Dude is nuts. We still had some good laughs over it.

So, before lunch, I took them down to my squadron's common area. There is a snack bar, copy machine and other stuff in there. People passing through all the time. I set them on the desk in there. The guy who sits at the desk, knows me and was instantly skeptical. So, I told him what was up and to watch and let me know what happens in case I'm not around. Right then, somebody walked up and grabbed a cookie. He bit into it, started chewing and then went running for the trash can. HA! The next guy to try one had the same result. So, I assumed that my Canadian friend was just weird and that everybody else would notice. Later, I heard that somebody had eaten four of the Oreo's. Then, another guy apparently ate five. Neither one noticed. So, I go down to check it out and right then, one of the big ****** bag's I work with, is in there and goes for the package. He eats one. I figure that he's about to fly into a rage any second. Then, he eats another. And another. Then, somebody comes up and starts talking to him and he keeps eating the cookies. I counted 12 cookies eaten. I thought about stopping him, but didn't know if it was a good idea since he's prone to throwing fits.

By the end of lunch, the whole package had been eaten. Only two of the cookies were actually spit out. Then, somebody mentioned that toothpaste was poisonous. So now, I'm thinking that since I saw the guy eat half a tube of toothpaste, that it could get real bad. I decided to call poison control and see what they said. I explained the situation to the lady on the phone. She couldn't even talk to me for about a minute because she was laughing so hard. Anyways, she said that a lot of the things people hear about eating toothpaste, are a myth. However, you really shouldn't eat toothpaste. She said that if you eat a lot of it, you can get some nausea and diarrhea. So, I can live with that. If it was going to kill somebody or make them violently ill, I would have come forward and told somebody.

So, lesson learned for me. If you do this prank, choose something other than toothpaste. Nobody seemed to notice. I'm going to be on some TDY's for a couple of months, but when I get back, I'm going to do it again and use something that people WILL notice and won't make them sick. Like, salt or tuna or something.

wasabi oreo's will be showing up shortly in junk food isle at your local wally-mart imported directly from china. Hopefully they dont make the wasabi paste at the same plant the make the tooth paste at!!

Next prank, putting vanilla extract in the center of Hostess cupcakes... oooooooohhhhhhhhhh :D

I kid, but you would have gotten the reactions you were hoping for if you used a contrasting flavor. You also would have increased your chances of having something in your permanent file.

Back